建物タイプ:ティンバーフレーム工法 － 2階・3階―住宅 1階―店
- The owner of the property wished a wood frame structure that housed a commercial space (retail store) on the first floor with the second and third floor as residence that offered superior seismic stability to the standard Japanese P&B wood frame structure.
- YK BL Corporation offered a Heavy Timber Frame structure based on 8×8 Canada Tsuga Solid Timbers as a solution.
- The structure offers superior design alternatives for the interior space layout due to significantly less structural shear wall requirements in the interior of the house as well as upright posts. This aspect assisted significantly in designing the 1st floor layout which will house a retail store operated by the owner.
- In order to comply with Fire Code regulations effective for the region, all exterior surfaces are covered with non-combustible Japanese Siding.
- In addition to the main 8×8 Heavy Timber Frame components, all other structural frame materials are Canada Tsuga brand structural lumber.