建物タイプ:木造軸組工法 2階建 商業用物件
- In an effort to grant the facility’s owners strong wishes to build an Extended Care Facility for the Elderly that offers the best environment, wood frame structure was chosen as the best choice.
- Problems and difficulties encountered in the early stages of design to meet the stringent building codes for the region (heavy snow loads) were eventually solved with the application of High MOE rated Glue-Lam structural components fabricated from Canada Tsuga lamina imported from Canada and fabricated in Himei, Japan.
- Large 120x600mm E150 JAS Rated Canada Tsuga Glue-Laminated Beams and E120 JAS rated 120×120 post were fabricated at the Ohno Seizai plant in Himeji for the project.
- The structure offer over 2,500 m2 of total floor space in two stories while integrating a 7m wide car port at the main entranceway to receive medium size buses and other commercial vehicles.
- The high MOE rated structural lumber components were critical in designing the structure to meet the high snow load conditions of the region (i.e. up to 2m high during the winter).